Craft Repair, where no job is too little or too big, specializes in wheel repair in Hampton Roads, VA. We are your one stop shop for complete machining, welding, fabricating, wheel & rim repairs, driveline service, hydraulic cylinder repair, and custom work in Hampton Roads, VA. We are a family-owned business with over 70 years of experience.
Inclement weather is one of the most common causes of wheel and rim damage. With hurricane season in full swing, rain and flooding is a frequent occurrence on the East Coast. Here are some safe driving tips from travelers.com to help prevent damage to your wheels and rims:
- Drive below the speed limit. Driving too fast in the rain can lead you to hydroplane and lose control of your car.
- Keep extra distance between your car and others. When driving in the rain, it takes longer for your car to brake, so you want to leave extra space between yourself and other cars to prevent accidents.
- Whether it’s day or night, if it’s raining, you should turn on your headlights to make the road more visible as well as to make your car more visible to other drivers.
- If a road is flooded, turn back around. Even a few inches of rain can lead you to lose control of your car. It’s not worth the risk.
- After rain, still be sure to drive carefully. Rain and flooding can weaken the road leading to potholes and other road damage.
For all of your rim and wheel repair needs, contact us at Craft Repair in Hampton Roads, VA.