Working with cars on wheel repair, drive shaft maintenance, and same day rim repair in Hampton Roads, VA, we get a lot of questions about car maintenance. Because of the work we’ve been doing for decades, we’re major advocates of continued maintenance. With that in mind, here is a handy guide to help you keep your car in great shape.
Every month, make sure to check all of these to keep your car running well.
- Oil Level- Add oil if is is low and make sure to check for leaks
- Hoses- Replace if they are bulging, rotten, or brittle
- Belts- Replace them if they’re worn, frayed or glazed
- Tire Pressure- Add air if the pressure is too low
- Coolant or Antifreeze- Add if it is low and don’t forget to check for leaks
- Air Filter- Replace it if it is dirty
- Inspect Tires- Evaluate them for damage, bulges, or uneven wear
Every 3 Months
Every three months, pencil it in on your calendar to check all of these levels.
- Oil and Oil Filter- Change every 3,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer
- Windshield Washer Fluid- Make sure to add fluid if low.
- Power Steering Fluid- Make sure to add fluid if low.
- Transmission Fluid- Make sure to add fluid if low.
- Battery Terminals and Cables- Clean if corroded.
- Lights- Ensure lights and turn signals work
Every 6 Months
Finally, every 6 months make sure all of these are checked so you can keep your car on the road.
- Wiper Blades- Check if worn, brittle, or smeary
- Horn- Test and make sure it works
- Brakes- Inspect for unusual wear and tear
- Spare Tire- Make sure it’s fully inflated
- Exhaust System- Inspect for rust, damage, or loose parts.
- Shocks- Inspect for oil seepage and wear
Want More Maintenance?
It’s also a great idea to add Craft Repair Services to your maintenance calendar. With over 70 years of experience, Craft is a name you can trust with all of your needs, and we guarantee our work. We are proud to offer the following services:
- Complete Machining
- Wheel & rim repairs
- Drive line service
- Hydraulic cylinder repair
- Custom work
No matter what you need, don’t hesitate to seek our help. We’ll see what we can do to keep you on the road. If you’re ready to get started contact us today.